Saturday, February 19, 2011

Its not always about you....

I learned a little bit more about this lesson today.

So, I'm sick.  In light of my last post, I will leave it at that and not complain.  Just state the fact.  :)

Not only am I sick, but because of that I slept maybe two hours last night.  This morning at 9 I had a rehearsal to teach the youth in our ward a dance from "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers".  I really did not want to go.  I mean, I was sick right?  I didn't sleep at all right?  I deserved the morning off!

But there was only this rehearsal and one more, and a lot had to be done.  And those kids were depending on me.  So....I went.  And I bucked up, expended the right amount of energy, and got some stuff done.

The kids had a blast.

What is my point?  Its not always about you.  Sometimes you have to sacrifice to make someone else happy...to give them an opportunity to express them self...to be and influence in their life.  Granted, I don't recommend always doing things while you're sick....

But I dare us to think outside of ourselves just a bit more and see others' needs!

CAN I GET AN AMEN?!?  

:)

3 comments:

  1. The first line in Rick Warren's *The Purpose Driven Life* is this: "It's not about you." Gotta love it---even when it's hard to live out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Beany ~ Most of the time it is about me though ;) Love this, love you. AMEN!

    ReplyDelete